Just like a regular Clapton coil, a Fused Clapton coil involves wrapping a thin wire around a thicker wire, but Fused Clapton coils require two or three parallel cores instead of one. When the Fused Clapton wire is finished and the coil is wrapped, it has a flat and wide profile thanks to the parallel cores — this also increases the overall surface area.
The addition of multiple cores makes this specific coil a more challenging build, but it’s worth it — the added surface area uses more e-juice per hit, which multiplies the thickness of the vapor and improves the flavor. An advanced build like this requires a deft, more experienced hand, and it’s recommended that you master building the Clapton coil first.
How to Build Fused Clapton Coils
If you’re building a Fused Clapton coil, you probably already have all the tools you need. Your wires and their specific gauges will vary depending on your desired resistance, but remember that thinner wires are harder to work with. Before you begin, make sure you’ve done your research and maybe check out this video to get you up to speed. And be safe.
- Depending on the size of your coil, you’ll need to cut two or three wires that will serve as your core. The more cores you have, the faster your coil will heat up.
- Place those wires in the center of the chuck on a drill, and make sure it’s tight. Your core wires should be in the center, but they should also be parallel to each other to create that flat surface that Fused Clapton coils are known for.
- Cut a long piece of thinner wire — this is what you’ll be wrapping with, so it needs to much longer than your core wires — and start wrapping it.
- You want to wrap it manually to get started, but you can power on the drill once you get comfortable — keep it at a slow pace. Keep an eye out for any gaps, and remember to close them once you’re finished.
- Now that the Fused Clapton wire is finished, you can take start wrapping it to make a coil. Wrap the wire along the shaft of a screwdriver until you reach your desired number of wraps — this will vary depending on your desired resistance, size of deck you’re building on, and your preference.
- Install the coil, add cotton, prime the coil with e-juice, and now you’re ready to vape!
The Benefits of Fused Clapton Coils
- Multiple cores means that it heats up faster, which speeds up the time it takes to start vaping.
- Increased surface area when compared to regular Clapton coils.
- Uses more e-juice per hit because of increased surface area, which enriches e-juice flavor and delivers thicker clouds.
- The Fused Clapton coil may be an advanced build, but it’s very doable if you have patience.
- Can be MTL or DTL depending on resistance — very versatile.
An Advanced Coil with Excellent Taste
Vaping on a Fused Clapton coil is a satisfying experience because of the flavor in every hit. And cloud chasers don’t have to feel left out because the clouds on a Fused Clapton coil are excellent — like a thick forest fog. This coil sounds like it’s hard to build, but with the right tools and attitude, you can master it in no time and vape like a pro!
Posted by Alejandro on May 14th 2019